- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh
Do you suffer from mood swings, irritability, anger or anxiety during or before your period? If so, you're not alone. Premenstrual syndrome (PMS) is a very common condition that affects many women. While there are many pharmaceutical treatments available for PMS, some women prefer to use natural remedies for PMS. Bach flower remedies are one such option. In this blog post, we will discuss 11 Bach flower remedies that can help treat the emotional side of PMS.
Bach flower remedies are a holistic, natural treatment for emotional and mental imbalances. Made from the flowers of wild plants growing in the English countryside, these remedies are based on the belief that each plant has its own unique energy signature that can help to restore balance in the body. There are 38 different Bach flower remedies, each of which is designed to treat a specific emotional condition. Bach flower remedies can be used to treat conditions such as anxiety, stress, depression, fear, and anger. They can also be used to support people during times of transition or challenge, such as when starting a new job or coping with bereavement.
Bach flower remedies are safe for both adults and children and can be taken alongside other medications. The remedies are taken in liquid form, either by adding a few drops to water or by making up a treatment bottle with a combination of remedies. Most people start to feel the balancing effects of the Bach flower remedies within a few days, although more engrained emotional issues will take longer to respond (often months.) There are no side effects associated with these remedies, making them an appealing option for those looking for a safe and effective way to treat emotional imbalances.
PMS, or premenstrual syndrome, is a condition that affects many women during the weeks leading up to their period. Common symptoms include mood swings, irritability, bloating, and headaches. While there is no cure for PMS, there are several effective treatments available. Bach Flower Remedies are based on the principle of treating the whole person rather than just the symptoms. When used correctly, Bach Flower Remedies can help to ease the symptoms of PMS by restoring emotional balance.
Bach flower remedies are a popular natural remedy for PMS. They can help to correct emotional imbalances that may be causing PMS symptoms. Each flower remedy targets a different emotional state, for example, the remedy Impatiens is helpful for women who are impatient and easily irritated during their PMS.
Here are our recommendations on flower remedies for PMS, their individual purpose and benefits.
- You feel depressed for no reason
- Depression, melancholy, gloom, dark clouds
- You have a reduced energy and lack of drive or joy
- Dark feelings come and you don't know why
- Positive potential: inner serenity, not able to be shaken
- You don’t like some aspect of your body or mind
- Cleansing remedy – for self-loathing or feeling unclean - which can be common during PMS
- You may be obsessive about small things e.g. looks, house or hygiene
- Positive potential: control thoughts & accept self
- You fear you might lose control
- Nerves are stretched to breaking point, uncontrolled outbreaks of rage
- You feel like you’re heading for a breakdown, a ticking time bomb
- Positive potential: courage and composure
- You can be intolerant, judgemental & critical
- You're easily irritated and don’t suffer fools gladly
- People who need Beech Bach flower remedy like order & precision, can’t see why others wouldn’t live like you
- Positive potential: tolerance & compassion for others
- You feel anger or hatred towards others
- Outbursts of temper and aggression
- Strong emotions - rage, anger, envy, jealousy, suspicion, greed
- Positive potential: love and goodwill
- You feel impatient with the slow pace of people or things
- You can be irritable and want everything done in a hurry
- Active mind and restlessness which can lead to tension and exhaustion
- Positive potential: to live a life less rushed & patience
- You struggle to make decisions or experience mood swings
- Uncertainty and indecision, you can't order thoughts or concentrate, inner restlessness
- Prone to mood swings or changing outlook
- Positive potential: calm certainty
- You are sensitive to change or outside influences
- Adjusting to transitions of life or biological changes e.g. PMS
- Can be led astray from life path or unable to break from past
- Positive potential: to help change and stay true to yourself
- You are resentful and self-pitying
- Feel sorry for yourself & blame others, sulky and bitter
- "Life can be so unfair"
- You carry a grudge & begrudge others good fortune
- Positive potential: to take responsibility for your fate
- You feel mentally weary at the thought of a task ahead
- Monday morning feeling, a lack of motivation
- You find menial tasks boring and prone to procrastination
- Positive potential: spirits lifted and certain of ability
- You feel on edge but can't say why
- Unconscious anxiety and fear, not about anything specific
- May get physical sensations of anxiety - trembling, sweating, butterflies
- Positive potential: fearlessness and less apprehension
- You’re anxious or fearful about something specific
- Fearful about a known problem e.g. illness, money, travel, death
- Also, for people who are shy or nervous
- Positive potential: to face your fears and less irrational worry
Bach flower remedies are completely natural remedies for PMS, with no side effects. You take the flower remedies by mouth either directly into your mouth or in a glass of water. You should take the drops a minimum of four drops, four times per day but you can't overdose on flower remedies so we recommend you follow your intuition and emotions if you feel you need to take more often.
If you're interested to try Bach flower remedies for your PMS, you can create a personalised blend of up to seven flower remedies in a treatment bottle. Mindful Remedies is run by Lucy Edwards, a professional Bach flower practitioner, qualified and registered with the Bach Centre. Through this website you can create your own personalised blend and she will hand craft your requested flower remedies and post them to you - anywhere in the world. To create your own natural remedy for PMS, mixing any of the remedies listed above, click on the link below -
If you would like personalised advice from Lucy, you can book an online consultation with her via Zoom at the link below -